Preparing your child for starting school
At Fairstead Community Primary school we understand that starting in Reception is a huge step for both parents/ carers and children!
In order to enable a smooth transition into Reception we will take the following steps:
- We will talk to any pre-school and nursery settings to find out where your child is in their learning. We may also visit these settings to observe children playing and meet their key workers.
- We will invite you to a parents meeting (usually in July) where you will meet the class teachers and be provided with information about starting school.
- We will contact parents via phone to find out more about your child- what they like to play with, things that they may find difficult etc.
- COVID permitting, stay and play sessions will be planned where children can come and visit their new classrooms and meet their teachers.
- Children will also be invited to stay for a school dinner.
We appreciate that all children are individuals and while some children may settle quickly into the school environment others may find it more challenging. We endeavour to work with parents and carers to ensure that children settle as quickly as possible and are happy to come to school.
Below are some resources that will support you in getting your child ready for school:
For more information, please visit: pacey.org.uk/schoolready
For more information, please visit: www.nurseryresources.org
Please look at our Parent Information section to find out more about our school!