Ideas to support your Year 1 child:
- Find objects around your home and use your phonics to label them.
- Read a book everyday and write a sentence about what happened in the story, remembering to include capital letter and full stops.
- Collect 10 pairs of socks, use them to practise counting in 2s
- Get a pile of your favourite toys or Lego, group them into tens an ones and count how many you have
- Get some seeds and plant them, record how high your plant grows each day.
Phonics resources and games
Free access to a range of ebooks
To contact a Year 1 teacher email : email@example.com